For media relations enquiries, please contact:
Mobile No: 07595 530672
For the latest information, please sign up to our newsletter
- Wadebridge Renewable Energy Network (WREN) is a not-for-profit cooperative
- WREN helps residents & businesses reduce their energy costs through energy management & generation, and works to produce local economic benefits, including jobs.
- WREN generates income from energy projects for local benefit. WREN activities are projected in time to raise over £150,000 per year to be allocated to local projects or reinvested.
- WREN was launched in January 2011
- WREN opened the high street Energy Shop in central Wadebridge in December 2011
- WREN has over 1,000 members
- Wadebridge launched its own currency in 2012; ‘The Wren’
- Wadebridge has been designated as the pilot site for Smart Cornwall, and is pioneering the development of the “Smart Market Town”.
- WREN has set a target is to generate 30% of Wadebridge‘s electricity from local renewable resources by 2015
- WREN’s core group consists of approx 30 volunteers including a board of 14
- WREN’s principal geographic area of focus encompasses the parishes and wards of Egloshayle, St Breock and Wadebridge, extending out across the Wadebridge and Padstow network area