In 2014 the Wadebridge Energy Company was established to enable the benefits of renewable generation, both domestic and community scale, to be retained locally. It has developed a 100kW solar array at Nanstallon to power a South West Water sewage treatment works next door. It provides around £500 community benefit each year to Lanivet parish council.
The company is underpinned by the following fundamental purposes:
- Build community and energy resilience
- Increase community-owned renewable energy
- Reduce the number of residents in fuel poverty
- Retain the financial benefit locally
- Contribute to the alleviation of climate change